RE : NOTICE OF 32ND MANIPAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
MALAYSIA (MAAM) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2017
Date : 22nd April 2017 (Saturday)
Venue : Balai Tar,Royal Commonwealth Society Club, No.4, Jalan Birah,
Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur.
Time : 4.30pm – Registration
5.00pm – Annual General Meeting (for members only)
1. To read and adopt the minutes of the 31st AGM
2. To read and approve the Annual Report of 2016-17
3. To read and approve the Accounts for the year ending December 2016
4. To discuss any proposals or resolutions
5. Any other matters
Hi-tea will be served after the AGM.
The committee would like to propose the following constitutional amendments:
1) To amend point No.2 of article XIV (AGM)
Current : The AGM of the Association shall be held before 31st May of
Proposal : The AGM of the Association shall be held before 31st
December of the year.
2) To amend point No.3 of article XIV (AGM)
Current : At least one calendar month before the date fixed for the Annual
General Meeting of the Association, the Hon Secretary shall inform all members in writing of the date and time and place fixed for the meeting.
Proposal : At least one calendar month before the date fixed for the Annual General Meeting of the Association, the Hon Secretary shall inform all members by
email only, of the date and time and place fixed for the meeting.
*Any resolutions to be put forward must be put in writing with a proposer & seconder to the secretary by 1st April 2017.
*The annual secretary report & the annual financial report will be e-mailed to the members and will be provided
during the AGM. The reports will also be made available on our MAAM website (manipal.org.my).
Those who intend to have a hard copy of the reports, you can kindly request us to send it to you.
Please update any changes to your email address with our secretariat Ms.Josephine by phone 016-2238079 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Sivasuthan Letchumanan
Hon. Secretary 2016/2017
Dear MAAM Members, Please also take note: –
RE : ANNUAL SECRETARY REPORT & ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT BY E-MAIL
Referring to the matter above:
1.The MAAM Exco in the monthly Exco meeting on 4th February 2017 proposed to send all
reports via e-mail and only by post to those who request the hard copy.
2. This is to cut down on our financial expenditure as posting incurs a big sum of money.
For example :
Postage fee, envelope, printing & paper cost per member = RM10.00
Total No. of MAAM Members currently = 1004 members
Total cost = RM10.00 x 1004 members = RM10,040.00
3. In the case we only post to members who request the hard copy, we are able to save a lot of money. This will ensure
a better financial state for the association.
4. The annual secretary report & annual financial report will be emailed and also made available on the MAAM
For PDF version, please click the link below:
MAAM 32nd AGM BOOKLET ( The Booklet contains the Minutes of Meeting, Secretary’s and Treasurer’s report and Agenda )